Before you join the Zoom meeting (videoconference):
Your PPQG Tech Team members are Coleen Ortiz, Rhonda Gianturco, Jeanne Surber, and Barbara Linde. Many of our members who are not on the team are also quite handy with a computer, so ask your fellow quilters for help if you need it.
1.You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with a speaker or headphones.
2. Check your device to make sure your volume is up. If you are using headphones or
earbuds, make sure they are connected properly.
3.You must have the Zoom app from the APP Store to connect to an iPhone or an iPad.
You will need to download this onto your device. It is free and the download only takes
a few minutes. If you need help contact Barbara Linde (email@example.com or
To join the PPQG Meeting via Zoom (videoconference):
1. You will receive an email for a Zoom PPQG meeting from Linda, Barbara, or Rhonda.
Usually this email will arrive one day before the meeting. The notification will
include a link to “Join via computer,” and also from an iPad, tablet, or smartphone.
2. At the start time of your meeting, click on the link in your invitation to on your device. After you join, it will prompt you to put in the password. The PPQG is using
the password quilt for all Zoom meetings.
3. A message will appear to wait for the host to let you into the meeting. Be patient. The host (usually Barbara, Rhonda, Coleen, or Jeanne) lets people in one at a time. This is for security purposes.
4. You may need to enter the Meeting ID number (also provided in your invitation) if using zoom app when prompted and then the password.
5. If you are having trouble hearing the meeting or connecting to meeting, text Barbara Linde 757-344-4653.
Participant controls in the lower left corner of the Zoom screen:
1. Using the icons in the lower left corner of the Zoom screen, you can:
- Mute/Unmute your microphone (far left)
- Turn on/off camera (“Start/Stop Video”)
- Invite other participants
- View Participant list – opens a pop-out screen that includes a “Raise Hand” icon that you may use to raise a virtual hand
2. On the right top corner of your Zoom screen you will also see a choice to toggle
(change) between “speaker” and “gallery” view. “Speaker view” shows the active
speaker. “Gallery view” tiles all of the meeting participants.
1. You are on a camera, so everyone else on the meeting can see everything you do. It’s
okay to sip on a beverage, but if you need to eat a snack or a meal, please turn off your
2. Everything behind you shows on the camera, so make that there’s nothing you don’t
want everyone to see.
3. Everyone can hear all of your background noise. Please mute yourself when you come
on, and stay muted unless there is a group discussion. Check to make sure there’s no
TV, music, or conversation.
If you need more help, go to the Zoom Help Center. There are detailed instructions and videos. Or call one of us--we’re glad to help you.